Who we are:
We are a growing environmental consulting company based in Calgary that offer employees work-life balance with a flexible work schedule, health benefits and a close team environment. Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is comprised of a diverse team of scientists that offer reclamation and remediation services for commercial, industrial and energy clients.
Who you are:
You want a career to be proud of where you can make a difference in the environment and see real results while you follow projects through from start to finish. You are passionate about the environment, possess a strong work ethic and sense of accountability. You would like the opportunity to grow and advance your career with us.
We’re looking for a Field Scientist. The pay is hourly and will be based on prior experience.
- All field work relating to Phase 1/2/3 ESAs and Remediation for commercial/industrial and oil and gas clients
- Reclamation and Detailed Site Assessments
- Field reporting and some office related tasks
- Diploma or degree in the environmental sciences, reclamation, biology or related sciences
- Membership with the AIA, ASPB, APEGA, ASET, ACPA or AAFMP
- Prior experience with environmental field work
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Proficient in MS office
- Strong problem-solving aptitude
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence with clean abstracts
- Standard First Aid with CPR, H2S Alive, Bear Aware, Ground Disturbance, TGD and WHMIS
This position offers the opportunity to travel throughout western Canada.
Why you should apply:
- 4 day work week
- Positive team environment
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- RRSP/TFSA savings program
- On-the-job Training Program
How to apply:
Applicants must be able to provide a criminal record check. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicate ‘Field Scientist 11-2021-001’ in the subject line. Specify all minimum requirements, as well as any additional assets, in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.