Environmental Scientist or Geologist
Who we are:
We are a growing environmental consulting company based in Calgary, AB, that offer employees work-life balance with a flexible work schedule, health benefits and a close team environment. Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is comprised of a diverse team of scientists that offer reclamation and remediation services for commercial, industrial and energy clients.
Who you are:
You want a career to be proud of where you can make a difference in the environment and see real results while you follow projects through from start to finish. You are passionate about the environment, possess a strong work ethic and sense of accountability. You would like the opportunity to grow and advance your career with us.
We’re looking for an advanced Environmental Scientist. The pay will be based on prior experience. Responsibilities include:
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase 2 ESAs, Phase 3 ESAs, reclamation and remediation for commercial/industrial and oil and gas clients
- Reporting and interpretation of data
- Developing creative solutions for clients’ environmental challenges
- Some client relations and limited field work
- Degree in the environmental sciences, engineering, geoscience, biology or related sciences
- Professional in good standing with the AIA, ASPB, APEGA, ASET, ACPA or AAFMP
- 5 years’ experience with the abovementioned responsibilities
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Proficient in MS office
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, resourceful and flexible
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence
- Standard First Aid with CPR and WHMIS
The office is in the Shepard Business Park of Calgary. There is no public transportation servicing the area, so candidates must be able to provide their own mode of transportation. This position will require some travel and field work.
Why you should apply:
- Health and dental benefits
- Savings Programs
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home
How to apply:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and able to provide a criminal record check. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicate ‘Environmental Scientist 03-2023-015’ in the subject line. Specify all minimum requirements, as well as any additional assets, in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.