Who we are:
We are a growing environmental consulting company based in Calgary, AB, that offer employees work-life balance
with a flexible work schedule, health benefits and a close team environment. Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is
comprised of a diverse team of scientists that offer reclamation and remediation services for commercial, industrial
and energy clients.
Who you are:
You want a career to be proud of where you can make a difference in the environment and see real results while you
follow projects through from start to finish. You are passionate about the environment, possess a strong work ethic
and sense of accountability. You would like the opportunity to grow and advance your career with us.
We’re looking for a full-time, junior Environmental Scientist. The pay is hourly and will be based on prior experience.
- Field work as required, must be willing to travel
- Report writing for Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase 2 ESAs, Phase 3 ESAs, reclamation and
remediation for commercial/industrial and oil and gas clients
- Project administration
- Degree or diploma in the environmental sciences, engineering, biology or related sciences
- Member in good standing with the AIA, ASPB, APEGA, ASET, ACPA or AAFMP
- 1 year experience with the abovementioned responsibilities
- Organized, detail-orientated and proficient in MS office
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)/ strong scientific writing aptitude
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, resourceful and flexible
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Experience in both the commercial/industrial and energy sectors
- Standard First Aid with CPR, Ground Disturbance for Supervisors, Bear Aware, TGD and WHMIS
The office is in the Shepard Business Park of Calgary. There is no public transportation servicing the area, so candidates
must be able to provide their own mode of transportation.
Why you should apply:
- Health and dental benefits
- Paid flex/sick days
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home
How to apply:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and able to provide a criminal record check.
Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate ‘Junior Environmental Scientist 01-2021-
001’ in the subject line. Specify all minimum requirements, as well as any additional assets, in your cover letter. Any
applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. This position is available
immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.