Who we are:
We are a growing environmental consulting company based in Calgary, AB, that offer employees work-life balance with a flexible work schedule, health benefits and a close team environment. Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is comprised of a diverse team of scientists that offer reclamation and remediation services for commercial, industrial and energy clients.
We’re looking for a part-time employee or contractor, intermediate to advanced, Geoscientist. The pay is hourly and will be based on prior experience. Responsibilities include:
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase 2 ESAs, Phase 3 ESAs and remediation for commercial/industrial clients
- Reporting, interpretation of data, review and Professional sign-off
- Developing creative solutions for clients’ environmental challenges
- Some field work on a project-specific basis
- Professional in good standing with the APEGA
- 5 years’ experience with the abovementioned responsibilities
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Proficient in MS office
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, resourceful and flexible
- Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract
- Phase 1 ESAs, Phase 2 ESAs, Phase 3 ESAs, reclamation and remediation for oil and gas clients
- Standard First Aid with CPR and WHMIS
The office is in the Shepard Business Park of Calgary. There is no public transportation servicing the area, so candidates must be able to provide their own mode of transportation. This position may require some travel for special projects.
Why you should apply:
- Flexible work schedule
- Pet-friendly office
How to apply:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and able to provide a criminal record check.
Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicate ‘Intermediate/Senior Geoscientist 02-2020-001’ in the subject line. Specify all minimum requirements, as well as any additional requirements, in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.