Who we are:
We are a growing environmental consulting company based in Calgary, AB, that offer employees work-life balance
with a flexible work schedule, health benefits and a close team environment. Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is
comprised of a diverse team of scientists that offer reclamation and remediation services for commercial, industrial
and energy clients.
Who you are:
You want a career to be proud of where you can make a difference in the environment and see real results while you
follow projects through from start to finish. You are passionate about the environment, possess a strong work ethic
and sense of accountability. You would like the opportunity to grow and advance your career with us.
We’re looking for a full-time Field Scientist. The pay is hourly and will be based on prior experience.
• All field work relating to Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase 2 ESAs, Phase 3 ESAs and
Remediation for commercial/industrial and oil and gas clients
• Reclamation and Detailed Site Assessments
• Field reporting and some office related tasks
• Diploma or degree in the environmental sciences, reclamation, biology or related sciences
• Membership with the AIA, ASPB, APEGA, ASET, ACPA or AAFMP
• 5 years’ experience with reclamation in the oil and gas industry
• Organized and detail-orientated
• Proficient in MS office
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong problem-solving aptitude
• Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence
• Prior experience with reclamation on IOGC/First Nation Lands
• Standard First Aid with CPR, H2S Alive, Bear Aware, TGD and WHMIS
The office is in the Shepard Business Park of Calgary. There is no public transportation servicing the area, so candidates
must be able to provide their own mode of transportation. This position requires travel throughout western Canada.
Why you should apply:
• Health and dental benefits
• Paid flex/sick days
• Flexible work schedule
How to apply:
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and able to provide a criminal record check. Apply by emailing
your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, indicate ‘Field Scientist 01-2019-001’ in the subject
line. Specify all minimum requirements, as well as any additional assets, in your cover letter. Any applicants that do
not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position. This position is available immediately and
will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.